Arc Flash Studies and Electrical Safety Analysis
BCH Safety partners with Rozel to provide companies across North America comprehensive Arc Flash studies and Electrical Safety Analysis that meets and exceeds OSHA mandates.
Studies completed in Northeast Ohio
- Perry Nuclear Power Plant
- Masco Cabinets
- PCC Airfoils
- Lakeland Community College
- OSHA 1910.132(d) states employers “shall assess the workplace to determine if hazards are present.”
- OSHA has recently added a new regulation: “Electrical Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution and Electrical Protective Equipment.” With this rule, OSHA is addressing arc flash hazards with required estimations for incident energy. This regulation essentially requires an arc flash study be performed.
- Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act states that employers “shall furnish to each of his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees.”
- An arc flash study will get you compliant, save lives and protect your assets
Arc Flash Studies (Incident Energy Analysis) are part of our full Electrical Safety Analysis and in accordance with NFPA 70e
NFPA 70e® – 2015 article 130.5 states: “An arc flash hazard analysis shall determine the arc flash boundary, the incident energy at the working distance and the personal protective equipment that people within the arc flash boundary shall use.”
Our goal is to provide an unmatched level of service. We are 100% turn key and handle all aspects of the project from start to finish. We provide analysis and label installation on ALL electrical panels. Additionally, we carry with us an Infrared (IR) camera. We will scan everything we open and issue a separate infrared report to accompany the electrical study analysis.
During a typical Analysis all of the following are conducted:
- Data Collection
- One Line Drawings
- Hazard Labeling
- Arc Flash Study (Incident Energy Analysis)
- Coordination Study
- Short Circuit Study
- Infrared Thermography (above and beyond NFPA 70e® mandates)
The Arc Flash Study includes:
- The gathering of all electrical information applicable to the facility and its contents. This includes electrical blueprints, transformer ratings, fuses, panel information, conductor sizes, one-line diagrams and any other applicable information. We use this information to determine utility information and available fault current as well as fuse and breaker information and ratings.
- Evaluation of arc flash energy level potentials and protection boundaries.
- Proper equipment labels to warn workers of potential hazards of all electrical equipment and provide PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) guidance
- Equipment-specific lockout/tagout program development
Fill out the form below to receive your personalized quote for your Arc Flash Study